come on mac (or seller)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

come on mac (or seller)

finally got around to fitting on my exhaust and come to find out it doesnt fit correctly at all, for being my year specific and not fitting right at all is something. maybe it was the other seller trying to sell a different exhaust, im gonna try one other mac exhaust from a different provider and if that doesnt work then its stock.

it couldnt be my fault at all could it, the exhaust header mounts stick a half inch away even if the gaskets arent inside the cylinder, so its to long in general, and too wide for the gaskets to fit in.
    Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
    1982 XS650

pics plz......
    1983 GS 1100 ESD :D

Comment

Originally posted by timebombprod View Post
      finally got around to fitting on my exhaust and come to find out it doesnt fit correctly at all, for being my year specific and not fitting right at all is something. maybe it was the other seller trying to sell a different exhaust, im gonna try one other mac exhaust from a different provider and if that doesnt work then its stock.

it couldnt be my fault at all could it, the exhaust header mounts stick a half inch away even if the gaskets arent inside the cylinder, so its to long in general, and too wide for the gaskets to fit in.
      Nope, it's your fault...lol...we told you not to buy a Mac exhaust when you asked us last year...

It's not that much more to get the way better V&H.....never heard anything good about Mac
      No signature :(

Comment

I don't have a MAC on my bike, but the flanges are at least that far from the engine.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Another vote for V&H.
          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

I vote for stock, but I am getting old and crotchety and only like loud motors at the race track these days.

There isn't a part number on the header?
            1981 Suzuki GS250T
            1982 Yamaha Seca Turbo
            1985 Suzuki GS550E
            2004 Suzuki GSF1200S

Comment

this is what i'm sayin,
              Originally posted by Steve View Post
              I don't have a MAC on my bike, but the flanges are at least that far from the engine.

1983 GS 1100 ESD :D

Comment

okay well i guess i just dont know that most things need fitment adjustment, guys the reason i cant get a v&h is because they dont make one at all for my bike anymore, cant find em anywhere, just MAC is my only aftermarket provider, now maybe if i did a slip on but if i dont need to return this exhaust. i wont.
                Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
                1982 XS650

Comment

pics will be put up as soon as i can, cant right now obviously but i guess ill just describe fitment.

so i have suzuki NOS gaskets, and theyre too small of a circumference to go onto the mac exhaust, but fit perfectly in the cylinder except 1 of them kinda falls out of place a bit. the exhaust itself is too long even with the gaskets not in the cylinder, sticks out about a half inch or more from the flanges to the mounts. and its too thin to fill in the cylinder, im assuming that most aftermarket products will need fitting adjustments, wish i could have pics up right now.
                  Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
                  1982 XS650

Comment

You didn't hear it from me but the largest American dealer aftermarket distributor has a closeout on MAC 003-0801 for the GS650. 1 left in the country then it'll be straight from MAC if they continue to make them. Check your local Thor, Moose dealer if you're wanting to try another one.

Comment

Originally posted by RedBaron View Post
                      You didn't hear it from me but the largest American dealer aftermarket distributor has a closeout on MAC 003-0801 for the GS650. 1 left in the country then it'll be straight from MAC if they continue to make them. Check your local Thor, Moose dealer if you're wanting to try another one.
                      powersports superstore? thats the exhaust i got its the reverse cone, yeah im excited about it it was marked as a $525 exhaust but got for $300. feels good

edit: the part number you have is the megaphone, i got the reverse cone for cheaper. even though the megaphone is a newer one im still happy with the reverse cone
                      Last edited by timebombprod; 01-30-2020, 02:00 AM.
                      Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
                      1982 XS650

Comment

just realized my header pipes dont go through the gasket (me being a noob), so my only issue is its not a perfect fit, is there special spacer mold the shape of a flange? will still posts pics when i can.
                        Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
                        1982 XS650

Comment

I have a MAC megaphone system on my GS650G that came on my bike when I bought last Oct. I've had the system off and and on a couple of times. Mine fits quite well, but who knows how old it is. It obviously has some time on it. I wonder if you were sent the correct application for your GS650? I've used both Suzuki gaskets and they worked fine. The gaskets go in the exhaust ports first, fitted all the way in. Close to an interference fit. Then head pipes installed against the gasket. Of course, you'd want the muffler off the head pipes to install. As a quick unsophisticated assist, I use a small cardboard box jammed under the pipes as a third hand to help get the angle right.

You're correct about MAC being the ONLY game in town for the GS650, other than well used OEM. Years ago, I bought a set of pricey stainless steel 2 cylinder head pipes ( BMW airhead) from a now defunct Ohio co. ( EPCO). I had to tweek them a bit to fit the cylinders well enough. They were famous for that. Sometime later, they were taking money and not shipping and not refunding.

Hope that you can make the MAC system work or get the correct set. If you happen to wind up going used OEM, I found that the GS650 G and L models used the same Suzuki part no. for head pipes/connectors, but the mufflers differed between the two models. There seems to be a lot more used 650GL model exhausts for sale than the G(T).
                          1981 Suzuki GS650G

Comment

Originally posted by timebombprod View Post
                            powersports superstore? thats the exhaust i got its the reverse cone, yeah im excited about it it was marked as a $525 exhaust but got for $300. feels good

edit: the part number you have is the megaphone, i got the reverse cone for cheaper. even though the megaphone is a newer one im still happy with the reverse cone
                            If you got the all black MAC reverse cone, the GS650 part no. should be
                            503-0801RC
                            1981 Suzuki GS650G

Comment

Originally posted by hank2 View Post
                              If you got the all black MAC reverse cone, the GS650 part no. should be
                              503-0801RC
                              yeah thats it i think i have a different baffle than a megaphone, their newest exhaust is the sidewinder and it says the muffler is a revised version of the reverse cone. they call mine a straight thru baffle and atleast from the inside it loks alot like the competition baffle, i dont know what the normal one looks like inside.
                              Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
                              1982 XS650

Comment

Working...
                              X