No announcement yet.

GS1100G Popping on Overrun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The answer to this seems to be to make the pilot circuit richer. Winding the screws out a full turn on each carb seems to have helped
    1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

I am checking in on this thread to see if the decel popping has been fully cured? I put 30 miles on my old GS1000s this morning. First ride in 17 years. It pops a lot on decel. When I redid the bike I replaced the old V&H 4-1 with stock air box with a Delkevic and Pods. When I had the carbs rebuilt by WiredGeorge, I let him know I would be using Pods and the Delkevic.

How many turns out do you have the pilot screws?

Thanks

Comment

I don't know how far out they are to be honest but at least 2.5 turns... and yes 500 miles later it hasn't come back

It's going to be different for you... you have pods. Yours should be at least 3.5 turns out in my experience & at that point you are likely at their limit. Any more would need a bigger pilot jet.
        1980 GS1000G - Sold
        1978 GS1000E - Finished!

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Thanks I'll give it a shot, and see what happens. I'll report back what I find.

Comment

Originally posted by Simmons1 View Post
            Thanks I'll give it a shot, and see what happens. I'll report back what I find.
            Hold on a minute, you have VM's and Salty's 1100G has CV carbs - not comparable at all...
            -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

well spotted John...

In which case I guess he could either open up the screws underneath a quarter turn at a time & see how he goes or try to adjust it on the air correctors at the top no?
              1980 GS1000G - Sold
              1978 GS1000E - Finished!

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
                well spotted John...

In which case I guess he could either open up the screws underneath a quarter turn at a time & see how he goes or try to adjust it on the air correctors at the top no?
                Yes, set the fuel screws under the carbs to about one turn out, then adjust the air jets....
                -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Thank guys. I am off from work tomorrow, so I can try some things.

Comment

I'm trying to remember what the Dynojet instructions say... I have the same setup on my 78 1000E. I think I may even have gone 1.5 turns out on those but I can't be sure.

Do you have a Dynojet kit fitted?

1980 GS1000G - Sold
                    1978 GS1000E - Finished!

Comment

Working...
                    X