‘82 GS750T-starting trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

‘82 GS750T-starting trouble

Hi. This is my first post to this very useful forum, so hopefully I am doing it right. I have used the forum to troubleshoot issues though, especially recently about o-rings! That was huge to stop my gas leak issue! It ran ok, but was pouring gas. The o-rings fixed the leak! I have a stock ‘82 GS750T- stock exhaust, Airbox, etc.
    My Carbs have been cleaned (more than once), including new needle/seat, jets, and o-rings, in the last 2 months. The only way that I can start it now is by removing the air filter box under the seat and holding my hand over the opening. I can get it started that way (rough but started) and then slightly allow air to go in. Then it shortly dies. Sometimes I can vary the airflow with my hand and keep it running.
    Of course, I’m not a mechanic and I didn’t sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night, but over the last many years working on this piece, I have learned a lot. Been tinkering with it for a number of years...I know, it’s all about priorities. However, I am stuck now.
    Any help as to things to check or adjust, is appreciated.
    1982 GS750T stock (for now)
Working...
X