Submit OEM Throttle/Choke/Clutch Cable Lengths on GS's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Submit OEM Throttle/Choke/Clutch Cable Lengths on GS's

For starters idk if this is the correct section for this thread but seemed like the most appropriate based on the options. I'm looking for a Chart of OEM GS throttle/cable lengths. I mean a chart is best case I would even take a couple data points and go from there. My specific case is looking for a shorter throttle cable for my 82' GS650GL

I have searched quite a bit to no avail and would be delighted to hear that my google-jitsu skills are no good and such a chart already exists!

So TLDR; does anyone have or know of a list with throttle/choke/clutch cable lengths if not maybe we/I can compile a running list.
    1983 GS650GL Not running when I bought it. runs great now
    Engine- Carb Cleaned, Valve Adj, Ignition Mod, balanced carbs, Polished/Painted engine, Exhaust wrapped
    Frame & Wheels painted, rebuild brakes/masters, Fixed Tach/Spedo, Sonic Springs in the Front, New handle bars w/bar end mirror/turn signals
    Still To-Do?
    Fuel sending unit, Fuel tank paint job?, LED headlight?, Seat falling apart, Solutions?, Changing look of the rear of bike, Seat, Brake/turn-signals

What bars do you have fitted? If it's something like a Daytona or Superbike bend get a 1980 1000S cables.
    1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

1979 GS *850GN front:
      24", 24"", splitter to front brake caliper X2
      Handlebar to splitter......OEM high bars 24"
      " " " " " " .....OEM low bars 14"
      Rear master to rear caliper...34"
      joepenoso
      All " are in inches.. Low bars a little rise and had OEM brake lines.
      joepenoso

2X 1979 GS Suzuki G

Comment

A little late on the reply, the previous owner removed the handle Barr and installed clip-on style under the top half of the triple. I have been looking up handle bars but the diagram seems to a different upper triple where the mounts seem to be built into it triple. I have had little to no success in finding a replacement handle bar mount. I found various 7/8 bars that I like but at this moment it would appear im stuck with the clips. I've included a picture of a tree that is supposed to be from my year/model of bike but mine is different, will update with actual picture from my bike if clarification is needed.
        trip tree.jpg
        1983 GS650GL Not running when I bought it. runs great now
        Engine- Carb Cleaned, Valve Adj, Ignition Mod, balanced carbs, Polished/Painted engine, Exhaust wrapped
        Frame & Wheels painted, rebuild brakes/masters, Fixed Tach/Spedo, Sonic Springs in the Front, New handle bars w/bar end mirror/turn signals
        Still To-Do?
        Fuel sending unit, Fuel tank paint job?, LED headlight?, Seat falling apart, Solutions?, Changing look of the rear of bike, Seat, Brake/turn-signals

Comment

Working...
        X