Carb rebuild/parts aquisition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb rebuild/parts aquisition

Hello! I bought my first bike, an 81 GS450t, a few months ago. But she has quite a few problems. I know for sure that the air box isn’t the right part- can anyone recommend where to find one?
    There are air bubbles visible in the fuel line. My local moto shop recommended a carb rebuild, which I am happy to learn how to do myself, but I’m having a lot of trouble locating the filters as well.
    The symptoms of this air/fuel problem are that we have a lot of trouble going from 0 to 30mph. After that, she rides great! Lately she’s had some trouble starting up too, which is unusual, and she’s backfired a few times recently.
    Does this sound familiar to anyone? Is a carb rebuild the solution? And if so, where do you guys get parts for these old bikes that aren’t easy to find?
    thank you all, I’m so excited to find this website, and to learn everything about my bike!

Hi Grace.

We've already anticipated most of your questions and gathered them here

https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ers-CLICK-HERE!!

Read thru all of the links (yes, some of them are broken). You don't need much for a carb rebuild

There's a Parts Wanted forum down below. if you're on FB, check the Suzuki GS Salvage yard #2
    1978 GS 1000 (since new)
    1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
    1978 GS 1000 (parts)
    1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
    1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
    1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
    2007 DRz 400S
    1999 ATK 490ES
    1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Working...
    X