Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J-Dog View Post
    Thanks for looking, cowboyup.
    Crap, almost forgot there's rider in need here looking for an airbox lid.

Make sure you post in "Parts Wanted"; I bet there's one out there somewhere that didn't end up in the trash next to a tangled Bon Jovi tape.

Those of us with parts stashes do check Parts Wanted regularly. Hopefully you won't have to resort to adapting a cake pan or something.
    Last edited by bwringer; 10-01-2020, 08:43 PM.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

......Hopefully you won't have to resort to adapting a cake pan or something.
      funny you should mention that. T'was my first impulse to suggest , at least in the interim of finding the right part. I would have gone for a plastic or folded aluminum flashing but a cake-pan...hmm- you could possibly hammer a thick one with a ball-peen to shape it...

Comment

Uh-Oh, here comes the duck't tape
        1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by hank2 View Post
          I'm sure it would be nicer to get one from a member here.
          I have one. Tell me where to send it.

I believe it's off a 79 550.

PM a phone number & I can send a picture of it.

My chromebook challenges me everytime I try to send a picture.
          GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Thanks, Carter, but I already bought a complete air cleaner assembly on eBay.

Maybe you guys can help me with something else, though. The filter assembly clearly has a couple of tabs, one with a hole for a screw to hold it in place. On both my old air cleaner box and my "new" one, there doesn't appear to be anything for those tabs to attach to! Can one of you post a picture of what the inside of the air cleaner box is supposed to look like so I can figure out what I'm missing?
            1981 Suzuki GS550TX
            1981 Harley-Davidson Sportster XLH
            2001 Kawasaki Concours

Comment

Working...
            X