Gs1100 carb boot question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs1100 carb boot question

Just a quickie for those that know, I'm re fitting the carbs and boots on my 1100. I know that they are left and right handed.but they are old, a bit misshapen.. does anyone know if the L and the R stamped on the boots is in up or down...when the boots are fitted correctly, sounds daft should be obvious but both look square, in either position, so some advice would be handy. Thanks.

I can't remember if they go UP or DOWN, but for future reference, it would be good to include whether you have an 1100G or an 1100GL. It's at least obvious that you don't have an 1100E. Please create a short signature that mentions your bike, so you don't have to remember to mention it every time you ask a question.

The boots <are> slightly angled, both up/down and left/right. If you put one L and one R next to each other on a bench, you can see that the top surfaces are not quite level.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

The marks go on top:

This is an 850 boot; I don't remember whether the 1100G/GL boots have the sync port, but the idea is the same.

And yeah, put your bike in your signature, please... in this case, we can tell you have a shaftie 1100G or GL.
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

If I remember correctly, the 1000/1100 boots do NOT have the sync port. The port is part of the head.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          If I remember correctly, the 1000/1100 boots do NOT have the sync port. The port is part of the head.

You are correct Sir.
          Paul

sigpic

Originally posted by Grimly
          Watery bints handing out swords is no basis for any system of government.

Comment

Thank you for your help...sorry I didn't put my bikes in my signature. I will try to do that now.

Comment

if they are too old and stiff, I have a good pair of 1100 boots for sale at a discount....just sayin'......
              1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

thankyou but I've had them in wintergreen oil and alcohol for 3 days and now they are like new.

Comment

Working...
                X