Oil Pressure Gauge Wiring Connector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil Pressure Gauge Wiring Connector

I'm in the middle of wiring a harness from scratch (PO's hacked up job involved runs of lamp wire in the harness), and the butchered original had the connector for the oil pressure switch clipped off. I looked in the manual, but the picture isn't clear enough to really see what the connector looks like and I'm not sure if it's just a simple electrical connection to the post on the top of the switch or something else. Looking around the web, I know there is a plastic connector that is supposed to be there, but I don't know if that's just a plastic housing around a simple forked spade connector or if there is something else going on inside the plastic housing. If anyone has any insight, I'd appreciate it.

​​​​​
    1980 GS1000GL, or will be again once it’s done.

I don't even know why I have these pics in my library to share with you. My bike doesn't have this type of switch, but yours probably looks a lot like this:

and this:

Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 03-21-2022, 11:50 AM.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

That's definitely what the switch looks like. Thanks! I am constantly finding random part pictures in my library. Sometimes I can figure out why they're there, most times it remains a mystery.

The switch itself is there, but I'm missing the wiring. If whatever is inside the plastic housing that sits on top of the switch is just a simple electrical connector, that's an easy fix. If it's something else like another sensor component or something, I'll have to try and find it.

Comment

Just a connector, nothing else involved.
        1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

I believe it's more or less just a common female spade terminal inside the plastic housing with a slot in the bottom. This pic I just found shows the terminal (not exactly a common female spade, but one such might do), without the plastic terminal housing.

Rich
          1982 GS 750TZ
          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Rich, you are a man among men, and a fantastic human being. If you find yourself in the unfortunate position of being in Central Louisiana, the drinks are on me!

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
            I believe it's more or less just a common female spade terminal inside the plastic housing with a slot in the bottom. This pic I just found shows the terminal (not exactly a common female spade, but one such might do), without the plastic terminal housing.

Comment

Shucks, tweren't nothin' . Hope that gets you sorted.
              Rich
              1982 GS 750TZ
              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                Shucks, tweren't nothin' . Hope that gets you sorted.
                It gets me sorted on this piece, but, as always, so much more to be sorted...

Comment

Working...
                X