Dyna copy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dyna copy

Has any members tried this Dyna S knock off ?. Looks identical apart from the dyna stickers.
    My bikes 79 GS1000 1085 checked and approved by stator the GSR mascot :eagerness: and 77 GS750 with 850 top end, GS850g, and my eldest sons 78 GS550, youngest sons GS125. Project bike 79 GS1000N

That's a good price, if it's reliable. Bearing in mind the hostile (heat & vibration) environment the pickups live in, and that Dyna's own pickups occasionally fail, I'll wait and see how the knock-off pans out.
    ---- Dave

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

I know a couple of people who have bought them to test.
      So far so good.
      They perform as good as the originals and appear to be exactly the same but without the DYNA packaging right down to the same part numbers.
      Dynatek switched production to China a good few years ago so it's likely a patent or something has lapsed and these are coming out the back door of the same factory.
      Mikuni Viton Choke Plunger Seat Renewal.
      VITON Choke plunger seals .KAWASAKI Z1,Z900,Z650,Z1000,Z1R,SUZUKI GS1000,GSXR,RF | eBay

Air Corrector Jets for Mikuni VM 24, 26 and 28mm carbs .
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254380193...84.m1555.l2649

sigpic

Comment

zed1015, that's my thoughts also. Could it be a lapsed copyright issue, and like you say Dyna just fit there stickers and packaging. I may have a gamble, also the same units on aliexpress at a cheaper cost ?.
        My bikes 79 GS1000 1085 checked and approved by stator the GSR mascot :eagerness: and 77 GS750 with 850 top end, GS850g, and my eldest sons 78 GS550, youngest sons GS125. Project bike 79 GS1000N

Comment

I bought one for the 75 Z1900 I plan on selling. So far so good. No instructions but if you have installed a Dyna before you won't have an issue.
          Last edited by craz1; 09-13-2022, 07:17 PM.

Comment

​I bought 2 last Friday, my order was canceled because it "is defective".

Hello,thanks for your purchase first.
            So sorry to tell you that we just found that the product is defective when we are planning to ship it out,
            It's our fault that we didn't check the quality in time.
            We apologize for all the inconvenience.
            We have contacted our supplier to ship the new goods for us,but it takes too long to arrive.
            So we have cancelled the order for you.
            Hope we can get your understanding and cooperation.
            Looking forward to your reply.
            Forgive us on the face of God.
            God bless you
            Last edited by Rijko; 09-12-2022, 09:07 AM.
            Rijk

Top 10 Newbie Mistakes thread

CV Carb rebuild tutorial
            VM Carb rebuild tutorial
            Bikecliff's website
            The Stator Papers

"The thing about freedom - it's never free"

Comment

That seems odd, "We have contacted our supplier to ship new goods for us", They must have meant they found something wrong with "The one they were going to ship", not that all of them would be defective.
              1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Well, no parts, but at least you got a blessing.
                Rich
                1982 GS 750TZ
                2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Update on the Dyna copy. I bought a system direct from China via aliexpress, it arrived just over 1 week from order in a plain cardboard box. I would say they are copies and not Dyna units without the stickers. There was no thermal grease under the pickups so I applied some to be safe. The slots in the rotor were a little tight for the bobweights on the advancer, a little dress with a needle file sorted that. Fitted the unit and roughly timed it and pressed the start button. Fired straight up no problem. Strobe timed both pickup coils and all good. Its wired through coil relay mod and running Grimley's go to Tec MP08 coils. Road test of 30 miles and pulls clean and strong to red line. The total cost was GB £43, Dyna units here in UK are GB £190 thereabouts. If it lasts half the time my crapped out dyna I think it's worth a punt.

20220916_150245 by Dennis Harland, on Flickr

20220916_135648 by Dennis Harland, on Flickr
                  Last edited by uk gs nut; 09-16-2022, 03:01 PM.

Comment

"Forgive us on the face of God." That's a new one to me. These Chinese knock offs usually have interesting descriptions and/or customer service replies.
                    - 1983 GS850L ~ 30,000 miles and going up - Finally ready for a proper road trip!
                    - 1977 GS750B - Sold but not forgotten

Comment

Working...
                    X