Dyna ignition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dyna ignition

My dyna ignition from 1984 died and talking to a tech he told me they have a new system out that puts everything under the points cover. Anyone have feed back on this? Ease of installation? Price? LMK

The "NEW" system has available for over 20 years.
    It's the Dyna 'S'.
    I have them on all my bikes.
    Fits in place of the points backplate and just 3 wires to connect.
    Mikuni Viton Choke Plunger Seat Renewal.
    VITON Choke plunger seals .KAWASAKI Z1,Z900,Z650,Z1000,Z1R,SUZUKI GS1000,GSXR,RF | eBay

Air Corrector Jets for Mikuni VM 24, 26 and 28mm carbs .
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254380193...84.m1555.l2649

sigpic

Comment

Has anybody seen those electrical ignitions on Ebay for $60? Just wandering if they're any good. Not as good as Dyna I'm sure, but has anyone tried any?

Comment

Finally got the new dyna ignition in today. The last year has been hell with health problems, too cold in the shop, 3 show cars and 3 dailies all needing something. Finally getting caught up and all day sunshine helped. Got it all in as the instructions say went smooth as silk. Cranked it with the plug laying on the block and got spark. Yaaay. Went to start it and crank no start. Took me about 1/2 hour of fiddling before remembering last year I drained the tank. Off to the non ethanol station to get 5 gallons. Yep. Takes gas to run. I'm sure my dad told me that about 55 years ago. Gas in the tank hit the button and fired off like usual. Test ride tomorrow.

op,
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
        X