Dyna S rev limiter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dyna S rev limiter?

Hey guys, I have installed a Dynatek Dyna S system for the Gs400 on my Gs250. I know that the system works on the 450, and the 450 is very similar to the 250. My right cylinder seems to work perfectly. But my left cylinder cuts out at around 7000 rpm. I have checked all new connections I made, all are nice and tight. I have tried swapping the coil, sparkplug wires, sparkplugs, and even power supplies from the left side to the right. Nothing I do changes the performance of the left cylinder. I talked to someone who has a Dynatek system on their Harley, they claim that on their system they can adjust the rev limiter. I don't think my system has a rev limiter, but does it? I did remove the ignitor when installing the system. I did notice however, that when the choke is on, the bike cuts out sooner, so should I be focused on the carbs and not the ignition system? Thanks.
    1980 Gs250T- Passed from father to son, also my first build.

The Dyna 'S' does not have a rev limiter built in.
    Swapping coils,plugs, leads and power feeds etc and the issue remaining on the left cylinder proves that the problem is not the ignition system but likely carburation.
    Last edited by zed1015; 06-07-2024, 04:42 AM.
    Mikuni Viton Choke Plunger Seat Renewal.
    VITON Choke plunger seals .KAWASAKI Z1,Z900,Z650,Z1000,Z1R,SUZUKI GS1000,GSXR,RF | eBay

Air Corrector Jets for Mikuni VM 24, 26 and 28mm carbs .
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254380193...84.m1555.l2649

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by zed1015 View Post
      The Dyna 'S' does not have a rev limiter built in.
      Swapping coils,plugs, leads and power feeds etc and the issue remaining on the left cylinder prooves that the problem is not the ignition system but likely carburation.
      I just finished cleaning the carbs in an ultrasonic cleaner, the bike runs the same. I got the idea to attach a timing light to the bad cylinder. The light will cut out when the cylinder is not firing, so I now know that it is an electrical issue. Any ideas on what it could be? I'm going to try swapping everything again to see if there's anything I missed.
      1980 Gs250T- Passed from father to son, also my first build.

Comment

Working...
      X