Gsx1100ex fusebox upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gsx1100ex fusebox upgrade?

Good morning all... my 1981 gsx1100 still has its glass cartridge fusebox. I would like to upgrade to blade ones. Is there an easy swap from a later model suzuki? I don't like electrics, so go gentle on me.
    A nice swap over unit & advice would be great.

I see the 82-up fuse boxes have blade fuses. I haven't found one with the wiring plug yet, but it appears to take spade type connectors. I need to see if vintage connections has that plug.
    Littlefield makes a 5 blade fuse holder that you can get at O'Reilly auto parts or elsewhere. #350417BP. I used one on an XS850 that had a bad fuse panel. It has individual tabs for feed and output on each fuse.
    Last edited by Don R; 07-07-2024, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Don R View Post
      I see the 82-up fuse boxes have blade fuses. I haven't found one with the wiring plug yet, but it appears to take spade type connectors. I need to see if vintage connections has that plug.
      Littlefield makes a 5 blade fuse holder that you can get at O'Reilly auto parts or elsewhere. #350417BP. I used one on an XS850 that had a bad fuse panel. It has individual tabs for feed and output on each fuse.
      Those Yamahas certainly need a better fusebox.

Comment

That's a fact, there was so much voltage drop it wouldn't start. Once I replaced the fuse box it fired right up. Of course, I had already done all of the other things you usually do with a bike that's been sitting.

Comment

Working...
        X