ignition control units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ignition control units

I finally drug out the GS1100E after having it parked for a number of years due to circumstances beyond my control... When I parked it I had a few problems that have since been corrected. The valve seats were recut with Neway seat cutters, work great by the way, and the valves were refaced on my lathe. The valves were then lapped and tested and are now holding tight.
    Upon trying to start the engine, I found a very weak spark and the 1-4 coil was running hot and no spark present on the 2-3 coils. The coils are new Accel coils and both read 4.5 ohms. I have come to believe that the ignition control module is bad... they are also over $400 bucks from Suzuki...
    Has anyone designed a replacement ignition control? I am going to pick up a 1974ish ford ignition control module and give that a try to run one coil and see what happens. That era of fords used a reluctor and transistorized coil... no CDI, and may work. The other coil may get the same control with the reluctor leads inverted. Even if I have to buy them new they are less than $30 bucks apiece. I have seen the dyna products, and while they look great, right now I would like to cheap out to get thing running.
    Let me know what you have done.

What year? Does it have mechanical advance?

Comment

dyna S is the standard replacement for the ignitor or you can find a cheap OEM replacement

Comment

is 50 bucks a pop for tested good igniters fair?
        i have a box full

Comment

I also am in need of a new ignitor for my 82 750T I can get an ignitor out of an 81 1000G it has all the same wiring but it is much bigger than mine and I don't have any Idea if it is any good he wants $50 for it

Comment

Originally posted by Metalicalf View Post
            I also am in need of a new ignitor for my 82 750T I can get an ignitor out of an 81 1000G it has all the same wiring but it is much bigger than mine and I don't have any Idea if it is any good he wants $50 for it
            suzuki made 2 igniters that do the same job.
            one is a black box.
            the other looks like a module.
            same wiring and plugs on both.
            they both bolt on the same.
            i have both types that test good.

Comment

The Part # on mine is 32900 45411 How would you like payment and how will it ship

Comment

p/m me if you like.

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. ironmonger,

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", the Carb Rebuild Series, and the Stator Papers. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

You can also use two GM HEI ign modules The one in the distributor

Comment

blowerbike,

Sorry to hijack this thread but I've got the same issue going on here with an '81 GS750. I've tested everything on the ignition, and gotten a 'new' ignition box from the salvage yard. They said if it's no good I can just bring it back... Could I potentially get one from you?

Comment

Originally posted by Rex View Post
                        blowerbike,

Sorry to hijack this thread but I've got the same issue going on here with an '81 GS750. I've tested everything on the ignition, and gotten a 'new' ignition box from the salvage yard. They said if it's no good I can just bring it back... Could I potentially get one from you?
                        me and josh just checked 7 boxes/modules of mine.
                        all are good.
                        3 are sold.
                        i have 4 left.
                        50 plus 10 shipping to lower 48.
                        P/M me.

Comment

Working...
                        X