Brake light switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake light switch

On my '82 650gl the front brakelight switch wasnt working so i took the cover off the switch assembly and lost the contact and whatever else was inside. I'm not sure what all i need to buy and how to go about replacing the switch. any advice is greatly appreciated!

I'm assuming your bike is a Z model (double check this), if it is you only need this part:

57465-18601

On the x model its a little more complicated. Some with suggest you upgrade this part, but if you want a cheap quick fix, this way is only $3.

Comment

Hi,

partsnmore.com has the whole brake switch assembly for $6. Unfortunately, they have a $35 minimum order.

See the Front Brake Switch Repair guide on my website to familiarize yourself with the assembly.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

If you can't find $35 of things you want at partsnmore.com, CRC2 has the part for $9, plus about $6 shipping:

Comment

Might check ebay, I got one for $10. with free shipping. terrylee

Comment

I've also seen a banjo bolt with integrated switch. Considered an upgrade?

Comment

Well i appreciate all the info, but i wish i had read your replies before i went ahead and spent 23 bucks plus 10 for shipping on interstatecycle.com for the whole assembly... rookie mistake

Comment

Originally posted by Genuinedrummer View Post
                Well i appreciate all the info, but i wish i had read your replies before i went ahead and spent 23 bucks plus 10 for shipping on interstatecycle.com for the whole assembly... rookie mistake

Next time you'll know to check GSR before you do anything
                sigpic

82 GS850
                78 GS1000
                04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
                .................________-|___\____
                ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Working...
                X