New small sealed battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New small sealed battery

im thinking of hiding my battery, this ones only 31.95 and is 200 cca. Is this a good choice?
    http://www.parts-unlimited.com/part/getItemDetails.do?partIds[]=219734

Originally posted by djg42 View Post
    im thinking of hiding my battery, this ones only 31.95 and is 200 cca. Is this a good choice?
    http://www.parts-unlimited.com/part/...ils.do?partIds[]=219734
    link doesnt show

Comment

I had to play around with the link, but finally got it to show.

It must be some new super-battery. Its class is listed as a 4 (a stock battery is a 10), yet still has an amp-hour rating of 12. I just looked up a different AGM battery, it was about twice the size, had an amp-hour rating of 11 and 160 CCA.

For $32, try it, let us know how it works. Just make sure your bike is in top tune.
      If it does not start with the first push of the button every time, that small battery just might not have enough for a second try.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

thanks, ill try it-if it works it would be great-its tiny!
        cant get the link to work, its model RTX4LBS, it comes up if you search on the parts unlimited website,
        Parts Unlimited is the world’s largest distributor of aftermarket accessories in the powersports industry.
        Last edited by Guest; 05-10-2010, 01:16 PM.

Comment

been using the battery for a few weeks now, it works fine, no problem! Its tiny and only $33!
          Last edited by Guest; 05-31-2010, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Was checking your posts to find pictures of the bike all together and you had a thread early in the day saying the battery was getting over charged.

Did you sort that out to the r/r or is that related to the extra small battery?

Comment

Originally posted by Skateguy50 View Post
              Was checking your posts to find pictures of the bike all together and you had a thread early in the day saying the battery was getting over charged.

Did you sort that out to the r/r or is that related to the extra small battery?
              I would like to know too. I ordered the Exide version of the same battery this morning after looking for a super small high capacitance battery for a couple of months, and after reading the post. It should be here tomorrow afternoon and I'd like to know for sure that I won't have a battery blowing up under my seat. Talk about hotpants! Ye-ouch!

Comment

That was a r/r issue. I hadn't put the parts unlimited battery in at that point. So far this battery has worked great

Comment

Originally posted by djg42 View Post
                  That was a r/r issue. I hadn't put the parts unlimited battery in at that point. So far this battery has worked great
                  Perfect!
                  Just what I wanted to hear, thanks a bunch!

Comment

although my bike is a 450-2 cylider

Comment

I think I should be ok, I have my bike tuned well enough it always fires on the first touch of the starter button, and if the battery doesn't quite have the kick needed, I can find enough room to hide another one on the bike somewhere, wired in parallel.

Thanks again for posting about this battery!

Comment

Working...
                      X