GS 250 no spark r lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS 250 no spark r lights

I'm having spark issues with my GS 250, i have found a wiring diagram without fuses but this isn't helping, i originally couldn't get it to turn over but that was a fuse, I'm guessing the spark issue is the same, as well as the lights but can't locate the fuse for either, can someone point me in the right direction please?

Greetings and Salutations!!

HI Mr. 1980gs250,

The fuse panel is usually under the left side cover ("Left" as you sit on the bike). But many of the smaller GS bikes have only one main fuse. You'll find a wiring diagram and other helpful items on my little website.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", the Carb Rebuild Series, and the Stator Papers. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

I have replaced the single fuse under the left side cover, the bike turns over but i pulled the plugs and tried to fire it and there is no spark.

Comment

Hi,

From my website:

How To Repair Your Wiring Harness
        Cleaning Your Wiring Harness
        Testing The Ignition System
        Diagnosing Slow Cranking
        Ignitor/Signal Generator/Coil Test

Have you had a chance to go through the maintenance lists in your "mega-welcome"? It's also a good idea to clean every electrical connection and ground on the entire wiring harness. Is your kill switch set to "ON"? Sorry, I had to ask.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
        X