Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is this correct RR wiring

is this the correct way to wire a 6 wire Honda RR to the stator on my 750TZ
    this bypasses and eliminates the loop in the white/red and white/green wires

Hi,

Your picture is kind of small. The three output wires from the stator are connected directly to the three input wires of the r/r unit. Usually these are all considered yellow. The Honda unit usually has a green ground wire which goes directly to the battery's negative terminal. The red output wire goes into the harness, through a fuse, eventually to the battery. The (usually) black wire is the "sense" wire which gets connected to a switched 12v source, usually the tail light at the rear brake light switch.

Yes, you can safely eliminate that useless loop of wire going up to the (probably) non-existent headlight switch.

Did you get your unit from Mr. duaneage? Are the above colors correct?

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Yes. I did get it from mr duaneage ! I am wondering about the White/red wire which is hooked to the stock RR and the White/green wire which is a loop that goes to the stator via the white/Red wire. I am wondering is (as you did in your instuction I believe) can I eliminate the loop and take the yellow RR wire directly to the white/green wire and tie back both ends of the loop That would then go to nowhere.
      (EDIT)
      LOL as you just said yes I can eliminate it
      Thank you
      Last edited by Guest; 05-12-2010, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Hi,

Did you read through my Regulator/Rectifier Replacement guide? I explain about the unnecessary headlight switch loop (white/green and white/red wires).

It sounds like you've got it wired properly. Good work.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
        X