I need a new R/R.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crapwacker View Post
    The honda rr I just picked up (not from Duanage) has 6 terminals. Should I wire all 6, as well as using the coil relay?
    Mr. crapwacker,

The polite thing to do, and so as to not cause confusion with the original poster, is to start your own thread to deal with your issues instead of jumping in someone else's thread. It's called "netiquette".

Yes, with Mr. duaneage's r/r units, connect all the wires just as instructed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
      Yes, with Mr. duaneage's r/r units, connect all the wires just as instructed.

BassCliff
      Cliff,
      I'm just realizing that schematic is not quite clear or perhaps not quite right.

The 6th wire needs to be sensing the battery. The circuit has two problems

1.) The way it is drawn both the F and R brake switches would need to be on to get the brake lite to work. The brake swicthes should be in parallel.

2.) The sense wire needs to be up stream (closer to the battery) of both switches. That may be a issue fixed by correcting point #1 above.

I guess that would be adequate, but if there is anything else on the circuit you will have the inaccuracy associated with the voltage drop. That why the Coil relay mod connection is recommended for the sense wire.
      way that cicruit is shown

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
        Cliff,
        I'm just realizing that schematic is not quite clear or perhaps not quite right.
        Hi Jim,

How many years has Duane been using this diagram (I wouldn't really call it a schematic) with his r/r units?

How can the diagram be made more clear? Where is the best place to easily connect the sense wire?

BassCliff

Comment

Just trying to help.

Comment

Hi,

I understand the concept. But would a newbie?

Well, let's see if I really understand:

#30 = fuse/battery
            #85 = ground
            #86 = orange wire from fusebox
            #87 = coils

Originally posted by Mekanix View Post
            Just trying to help.

Drat. We've done gone and hijacked the thread.

BassCliff
            Last edited by Guest; 05-14-2010, 02:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
              Hi Jim,

How many years has Duane been using this diagram (I wouldn't really call it a schematic) with his r/r units?

How can the diagram be made more clear? Where is the best place to easily connect the sense wire?

BassCliff
              I guess that schematic is a bit of an optical illusion. I was getting the brake switch confused with the connections. It was the way that the notes were added "pointing" to the brake switch connections that made it look like he was indicating a switch.

Now that I went back to the physical R/R an look how it is color coded, the thing that would make it clearer would be some colors.

Duane put a third crimp connection on the diagram which I did not realize (it does reflect his physical layout), and I removed it in my version.

Sorry I got confused looking at it
              Last edited by posplayr; 05-14-2010, 02:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mekanix View Post
                Just trying to help.

When I first saw that It confused me as I thought the lower device was a coil, now I realize it is the coil relay . The orange wire (activating the solenoid) is really the orange/white (O/W) wire coming from the right hand switch

Really the whole schematic should be color coded to reflect the Suzuki codes.

Now that I see the schmatic, it is clear that while using the brake light circuit is better than most (as a battery voltage sense point), that voltage source will still be effected by the total current load pulled through the resistance (in ignition switch and the various connections and wires we talked about earlier). Going direct to the battery is best as the coil relay mod does.
                Last edited by posplayr; 05-14-2010, 03:07 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                    When I first saw that It confused me as I thought the lower device was a coil, now I realize it is the coil relay . The orange wire (activating the solenoid) is really the orange/white (O/W) wire coming from the right hand switch

Really the whole schematic should be color coded to reflect the Suzuki codes.

Now that I see the schmatic, it is clear that while using the brake light circuit is better than most (as a battery voltage sense point), that voltage source will still be effected by the total current load pulled through the resistance (in ignition switch and the various connections and wires we talked about earlier). Going direct to the battery is best as the coil relay mod does.
                    This is a complete diagram that both illustrates what I, and possibly others, can use. Glad we all got to the bottom of this. Thank you all! Now out to the bike

Comment

Working...
                    X