Wiring question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiring question

Okay so I have a 1980 GS550L and I'm confused on the wiring. I looked for a wiring diagram in color, unfortunately there isn't one on this site that I've found. I'm trying to trace where a couple of the wires from the light switch on the left handlebar are going. I was able to track most, but a couple are baffling me. I have an 11-pin connector on mine and I lost track of where a couple of the wires were going when they entered the harness. Most every other diagram I've looked at shows 2 of them going to the RR and the stator. I don't think mine does this but I can't be sure. Does anyone have a diagram for this model? The one in the back of the book shows this same setup and I don't think it's how mine is done. Thanks!

Hi,

Are you talking about a Hi/Low headlight beam switch? Or an On/Off switch for the headlight?

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Well I figured out that it doesn't look through the switch like the book shows. However the reason I am going through the switch wiring etc is because when I have the low beam on, my high beam dash indicator flickers on and off sometimes seemingly random. I figured this had to be a short or bad ground so I have been going through everything. Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
      X