Signal relay issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
    It's a load issue... had the same thing on my 750 until I got an electronic relay. Exact same symptoms.

You either have the wrong wattage bulbs or the wrong relay.....

Dan

Sounds like it may be both, but the relay is not the stock version...

Comment

Your "quick fix" is to go to Kragen & pick up their light duty electronic relay (not the heavy duty truck one, won't work). It's two pin. Bright yellow & translucent & costs about $4.
      Cable tie it to the original mount & you'll be good...

Dan
      1980 GS1000G - Sold
      1978 GS1000E - Finished!
      1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
      1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
      2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
      1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
      2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Dan,

What size bulb did you go with?

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
          Your "quick fix" is to go to Kragen & pick up their light duty electronic relay (not the heavy duty truck one, won't work). It's two pin. Bright yellow & translucent & costs about $4.
          Cable tie it to the original mount & you'll be good...

Dan
          Bet thats whats wrong with my 76 750s.. I had a GSR member send me some REALLY nice OEM signals. Hooked em up and they wont flash. Checked all my connections, grounds, etc. They light up, but no flashy. I will have to check out the flasher. The one thats in there is the old OEM big silver beer can looking one. Hooked the old signals up, and it worked fine. Doesnt like the new ones. Thanks for the tip Dan

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
            Bet thats whats wrong with my 76 750s.. I had a GSR member send me some REALLY nice OEM signals. Hooked em up and they wont flash. Checked all my connections, grounds, etc. They light up, but no flashy. I will have to check out the flasher. The one thats in there is the old OEM big silver beer can looking one. Hooked the old signals up, and it worked fine. Doesnt like the new ones. Thanks for the tip Dan
            Yeah same thing here on my rears, I found like new set of 1150's. Wanted the shorter tighter look ...

Comment

@salt monk... any way you can tell me the manufacture of the "quick fix" relay. I don't have a KRAGEN in my area. I do have an O'Reilly, i think they are the same company.

Comment

Originally posted by bighamms View Post
                @salt monk... any way you can tell me the manufacture of the "quick fix" relay. I don't have a KRAGEN in my area. I do have an O'Reilly, i think they are the same company.

I picked one up at O'Rileys Auto parts tonight for $3.99..problem solved.

Cooper Bussmann Flasher #552, its in a yellow package (its round and silver)

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                  ... and then get some shake down on it before we leave for WV friday morning at the crack of dawn. ...
                  Just so you know, Josh, the "crack of dawn" has been postponed a bit.

We have not yet discussed departure time, but probably about 8?

sigpic
                  mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                  hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                  #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                  #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                  Family Portrait
                  Siblings and Spouses
                  Mom's first ride
                  Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                  (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                    Just so you know, Josh, the "crack of dawn" has been postponed a bit.

We have not yet discussed departure time, but probably about 8?

Incase you didn't remember my friend, I work nights. 8 am departure would require us to get up around 630 and for me to wake up cranky. I could just let her sleep but then we'd be late. (she's gonna punch me for that but it was worth it ) 6:30 IS the crack of dawn to us. but we'll be excited to hit the road. This is my favorite trip of the year every year and this one will be even better since Rose is coming too.

Comment

Working...
                    X