X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is an interesting review on that volt meter:

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      I'm sure it's pretty pricey, but I saw no indication of how much.

By the way, Pos, that boost gauge for boost, or do you use it as an oil pressure gauge?

It is oil pressure "BOOST" .

The only thing I coudl find at 0-15 psi and 2 1/8" lighted

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
        It is oil pressure "BOOST" .
        I was just curious, because I used to have its big brother, the one that went from 30" vacuum to 15 psi boost, in my Corolla.

After installing Stage 2, I had to borrow the manifold pressure gauge out of my Peterbilt, as the VDO gauge was buried at 4,000 rpm.

(Just for those who are curious, peak boost was 22 psi at 6,000 rpm. )

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Geez, a ricer. I only run 14 pounds of boost on my TransAm. But it is peppy.

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
            Geez, a ricer. I only run 14 pounds of boost on my TransAm. But it is peppy.
            You have a little more to start with.

Mine was a 1974 Corolla S5, with a 1600 engine. If you know anything about early Toyotas, that was a pushrod Hemi engine with two valves per cylinder. Stock was 88 hp at the crank. Stage 1 was 11 pounds of boost, had 192 hp at the wheels. Never got a dyno reading after Stage 2, but it had 22 pounds of boost, as mentioned.

One memorable run was from a stoplight, over a hill that had a few curves, then down to the next light. About a 2-mile run, with a 300-foot climb to the top, then back down. Next to me was a TransAm, with whom I had been "racing" from light to light for the last few miles. I think it was a '77, but it had a "400 cid" sticker on the hood scoop. We just nodded to each other at the last light, then headed up the hill. At the top, his front bumper was even with my back bumper.
            When we got to the next light, he rolled down his window to ask me "what the hell you got in there, turbo or nitrous?" I had to admit "turbo", he only shook his head and drove off when the light turned green.

sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
              You have a little more to start with.
              Probably. It is a fully forged 355 LT1 I built a couple of years ago specifically for boost.

Comment

Working...
              X