1983 GS750E R/R wiring question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1983 GS750E R/R wiring question.

I have gotten the honda six wire R/R from Mr. Duaneage, I understand I need to connect the three yellow wires to the stator (no problem). I understand I connect the Green wire to the battery negative. The black wire is the sensing wire that goes to the rear light switch, where might I find this? Also, what is the black striped in white wire that was on the original R/R for? Do I need it? I have been looking for a colored diagram that shows where this goes, but have found none showing a black/white wire. So basically I need to know where to connect the black R/R wire and what to do with the black/white harness wire?

Thanks

Funny thing is the shop I had the bike in (full time student, husband and father with no time) told me the stator was bad because it was putting out around 86 Volts per leg, I am assuming it to be good becasue the manual says it is supposed to put out above 80V. They also could not figure out how to wire up this stator with the supplied diagram from Mr. Duaneage

Brake light switch is behind the right sidecover, it is hooked to the rear brake lever via a long spring, it has two wires running to it. Connect the black r/r wire to the orange with white stripe wire. The black with white stripe wire is a ground. I would also wire the three stator wires direct to the three wires on the r/r, bypassing the harness altogether.
    Last edited by kingofvenus; 05-22-2010, 10:08 PM.
    Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Alright......

Went over to the right side cover area, knew where the switch was, traced the black outer covering to the insulation wires. Found a problem after that, orange wire and a white wire, no orange w/ white stripe. I guess I use the Orange wire and not the white wire? Also, suggestions to what to do with the white and black wire from the loom? Options are to tape it off, put it to the frame with a lug or leave it alone?

Comment

I the only difference in a Honda six wire and other five wire is the sense wire . The grounding is covered in the last link in my signature . A color diagram of the Honda tr was osted just recently

Comment

Thanks!

Got it done and running again! I ended up connecting the R/R directly to stator wires (bypassing the harness). I ran a wire from the battery negative to the ground wire. Hooked the red wire to the harness, and ran a "Y" for the sense wire (two wires to the switch harness soldered at the other ends to a single wire to plug into the sense wire). Works like a charm I am now nolonger cooking my battery! Thanks to this forum for all the help. Kingofvenus, Posplyr special thanks to you two!

Comment

Working...
          X