Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What model/year is this guage cluster from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What model/year is this guage cluster from?

As I'm trying to clean up issues with my 1982 850GL I am realizing the PO mixed and matched parts around the bike.

My latest project has been trying to track down a few electrical gremlins and I'm need to know which bike this guage cluster is off of so I can cross reference some cut electrical connections. Thanks.

He replaced the bars with ones more like the standard G model but didn't change the cables so I got big loops that will get replaced eventually.

Biggest problem though is I still cannot find the ground issue with my left blinkers, hopefully soon.

1000E.. only model I know of with a cluster like that.. One of the nicest looking clusters they made IMO..

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
      1000E.. only model I know of with a cluster like that.. One of the nicest looking clusters they made IMO..
      Awesome, thank you! I found a replacment plastic shroud so it's a complete piece since I took that pic but it was just in the parts bin and the guy couldn't remember what it was off. I just knew it was not like the 850GL or 850G model ones he went out and pulled off bikes (he wasn't happy about that ).

I do like the minimalist look of it and now I can patch together the wiring harness until next winter when the entire bike comes apart for a repainting and remake of the harness.

Comment

Working...
      X