Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grrrr 82 GS850GL no sparky

Hello again all.

Just did the coil relay mod and thought I did it correct, kill switch is triggering the relay, measuring 12V+ at the coils but when I went to start it she turns over but would not start, pulled a wire and put a used plug in it, no spark.

Where could I have gone wrong? For something that looks so easy I am having a difficult time figuring it out, wiring is not my strong suit, but I can follow directions pretty well....hint hint.

Next stop may be a shotgun party and a donation to the reef.

Hi,

Coil Relay Modification
    (by Mr. oldryder and Mr. Matchless)

More On Coil Relay Modification

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Thanks Basscliff, I think have it all done right as shown, except for the 2nd wire going to the kill switch, if i connect both my kill will not work and I still do not have spark. Me thinks the PO has something in the harness amiss.

Comment

What would cause me to have 12V at the coils and no spark at the plug? Something with the igniter? What should I look for?

Comment

Thanks to the overwhelming response I was forced to figure it out, lol. Dumb me did not have the O/W from the ignitor hooked up properly. Did that and YIPPEE it started right up, still will not get past a 1/4 throttle. Could my pilots be to small? Topic for another forum. Electric is OK, I'm out. Thanks all.

Comment

Working...
          X