• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One in

Comment

One to go

Comment

interesting method. Might be worth a try if it works out.

where can I find the new green coils guys? Price?
        ---Eric

Comment

I did that to mine about 5 years ago, cut them open. Lasted about 6 months, a year. Then I had problems again, weak spark, backfiring, just quit running. Then I replaced them with the dyna green. Much better spark. NO problems
          What type of wire did you use?

Comment

I was able to dremel deep enough to get the shorter wire out but not the deep side, side cutting is the way to go to expose the pin and be sure the wire is connected right just need to be careful not to damage or cut off the pin, that Water Weld stuff really seams to hold tight and cures solid, we'll see how it holds up to the vibrations and heat.

Napa had some Belden High Temp wire that I used, spark is much better and helps it run better but I am still having issues. Cost was $3.90 for 10' of wire and 4.99 for the epoxy and hour or two of time.

I'll get the Dyna's when I have the funds, just a little lean right now and do not want to lay out the $150 they cost. Unless someone knows where to get a sweet deal on them.

I need to re-seal the air box, as I saw my last seal job is coming apart. Still having issues when I go past 1/4 throttle. May be a carb issue, have to check which circuit that is. Just trying to eliminate 1 problem at a time.
            Last edited by Guest; 05-29-2010, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X