no spark again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no spark again

hey guys, need some help here. I got my jets in today and installed them. Put the carbs back on and the bike wont start at all. I checked and got no spark untill i took the boots off and snipped the wire and i was able to get a little small spark but only directly from the wire.

I just took the battery box off and painted it, could it be that the components dont have proper ground?

Also, to check voltage to the coils do I just put a meter on the wire going to them and watch it as the engine cranks over? Im unclear on that test.

The bike fired up and ran no problem just a few days ago and the only things I have done is change the jets and remove the battery box and paint it.
    ---Eric

Paint would act as an insulator, you should have bare metal to ground to, the battery box should be grounded to the frame as well.

To measure voltage at the coils you just need to turn the key on, put positive lead to the coil lead and ground to the frame/head ect.

I just learned that myself.

Comment

Thanks. Ill take everything off the battery box and scuff up everywhere that has metal to metal on the components and where it mounts to the frame and see if that work.
      ---Eric

Comment

Need to ground the box to the frame as well

Comment

all is well. After some time with my volt meter i figured it out so i cleaned up all the grounds and she fired up and runs nice now.
          ---Eric

Comment

CONGRATS

Comment

Working...
            X