turn signal issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turn signal issue

I have aftermarket signals on my 750...yesturday they suddenly stopped working..it has an aftermarket electronic flasher on it...has anyone had an electronic flasher go bad?..checked grounds bulbs everything looks good..they light up but dont fully flash..they go dim a little like they want to flash but not a full on/off weird...any help would be great...hopefully auto store is open I can pick up another flasher and see if thats it.

DDM

Flasher was indeed bad...you would think an 8$ electronic flasher would last a little longer..

DDM

Comment

Those old fashioned blinker modules had bi-metal strips. As the current warmed the strip up, it would bend the strip away. When it cooled off, it would make contact again.

Simple, foolproof.

Now, we have transistors. Which are fine. But they can fail unpredictably. They are sensitive to being hooked up wrong, or surges in the supply voltage. They can die when the load (the bulb) lines are shorted and too much current is drawn through the blinker module. They are just fragile, electrically, compared to the bi-metal strip.

OK, transistor flashers work with LEDs. They are not sensitive to loading, like the bi-metal strips were. But they are sensitive to the electrical environment, more so than the old school blinker modules. Bummer.

Comment

Working...
      X