Headlight, turn signal question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headlight, turn signal question

I took my indicator/headlight switch apart,to figure out why they were'nt working. The contacts where corroded so I used electric cleaner and lightly polished with contact cleaner.There where two small springs (aprox 1.5 cm X3mm. wide) laying in the bottom of the outer case, between the switch and the white plastic bit with the copper busses that the wires attach to. Can't figure out where they go. I'm thinking they're for the hi-beam/ low beam ?Has anyone else ever refreshed/overhauled their switchgear and know where these go?Many thanks Pete
    Last edited by Guest; 06-01-2010, 01:08 AM. Reason: not enough info

I cannot give you specifics, but in most of these switches the springs push a small metal ball against a notched part of the switch to keep it in a specific postion when moved, this is usually felt as the clicks.
    The other spring may be situated under a copper part of the contact to provide the contact pressure on the moving part to the stationary part of the switch contact. In both cases you should see small holes that should accommodate the springs.
    In some cases the contact over the spring is "U" shaped.

Hope this helps a bit.

Comment

Thank's Mr. Matchless, Ifound the problem with my switch,the copper busbar that the U shaped contacts connect to was worn right thru! So...I'm in need of a new switch assembly. Rats. Still don't know where the springs go even after carefull examinationof the innards, looking for extra holes or signs of spring pressure against the plastic, but thats a moot point now. I'm temporally using the switch from an older model GS till I can find the right one.It works, for now.Again ,thanks for the advice.

Comment

Working...
      X