r/r hookup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

r/r hookup

http://photobucket.com/rickn pls pity me one more time on the r/r hookup by looking at the pics on link let me know if you see a problem thanks 70GT ps i deleted my last thread to keep from cluttering
    Last edited by Guest; 06-01-2010, 12:42 AM.

Hi,

I'm sorry, I don't understand what's going on here...

The three yellow output wires from the stator get connected to the three yellow input wires on the r/r unit.

The ground wire (green?) from the r/r unit gets connected directly to the negative battery terminal.

The red output wire from the r/r unit gets connected to the positive terminal of the battery. Note that his connection usually goes into a red wire on the harness and through the fuse box before it reaches the battery.

Is this one of duaneage's Honda r/r units? Is that a sense (black) wire I see connected to a red wire and a gray-ish/black wire? That looks very strange to me. That wire with the two bullet connectors usually connects to the tail light wire near the brake light switch.

I have no clue what I'm looking at here...

What is that white wire? What is that orange/green wire?

Have you seen this diagram?

Sorry for all the questions, but your connections look quite different from mine.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

r/r

okay I understand the yellow green and red hooked up already thanks this is a duanage r/r the black sense wire has the 2 plugs on the end i have 1 plugged into what you called the blackish gray wire it was hooked to my stock r/r from the harness the other 1 is plugged into a red wire i added to hook into the rear brake light switch the second pic you see is the other end of that red wire spliced into the orange wire directly above the switch itself 1 orange 1 white going into that switch thanks a lot for your patience 70GT

Comment

I should probably use a small piece of orange wire on the end of the black. In fact, I think I am going to do just that.

Check the fuse for the main lights, you may have opened it. The RR will be fine, nothing seems to stop them from regulating.

Check that the rear brake light works when you are done
        1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
        1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Working...
        X