Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Donor Fuse Boxes?

Hello everyone!

I was just curious for those who have done the fuse box conversion (from glass to blade style) if there was a specific bike that had a decent 'donor' fuse box? I'm not sure I'll be able to source a generic fuse box locally (though I'll be heading out in search of in the near future), and I've looked at the link someone posted, but $80 for a fuse holder seems a little pricey. I know that with the R/R's there are a few bikes that people tend to gravitate toward for donors, I was hoping the same could be said for a fuse holder. Preferably one that is compact, easily sourced (new online or a common bike at salvage yards), and doesn't necessarily require I snip off a wiring harness to go with it.
    I have a few parts to order from bikebandit or flatoutmotorcycles this week, so if I can get a new one at a fair price, I might have them throw one in the box too.

Thanks for the help.

(working on my '80 GS 550L....can't remember if it's still in my sig or not)

This should work.

WiringProducts is the online place to buy automotive wiring & electrical supplies. Many of our wiring products are made in the USA. We stock thousands of electrical parts such as wire, electrical supplies, automotive wire, fuse blocks, battery cable, wire terminals, automotive electrical, circuit breakers, wire looms.

Comment

They sell them at any parts store too. (autozone, advance, etc..)
      ---Eric

Comment

I converted mine over last year. Seems like i used an '82 or 83 850. Either way i had a 5 glass fuse box and replaced it with the same 5 blade fuse box. It was fairly easy. I purchased it off of ebay for $15 plus shipping. It even had the cover.
        1979 GS850G
        2004 SV650N track bike
        2005 TT-R125 pit bike
        LRRS #246 / Northeast Cycles / Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersport

http://s327.photobucket.com/albums/k443/tas850g/

Comment

All Suzuki GS models used the blade type fuses from 1982 onwards.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXXZRX View Post
            That's what I have. It works great and actually allowed me to install fuses for other things that I may want to add.

Comment

Working...
            X