Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can someone help me out ( 1983 gs1100e # 3 exhaust not gettin hot)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can someone help me out ( 1983 gs1100e # 3 exhaust not gettin hot)

hello i have a 1983 gs1100e and it starts up fine and idles fine. Except when i give it gas it bogs down. I cleaned the carb inside and out 3 times now, did a valve adjust and did it right. NoW i found that #3 exhaust is not getting hot , what should i do. I did a compression check and its all fine. I bought this bike a week ago and got it to run today. Only this is my dilema..Oh one more thing i took off the spark plug boot to test for spark on # 3 and its all good. So what should i do next.

I cleaned the carb inside and out 3 times now
    How did you clean the carbs? Did you completely strip and dip them?

More than likely the pilot circuit on #3 is clogged, is the #3 plug wet with fuel?

Did you also check your float heights?
    Last edited by Guest; 06-08-2010, 05:05 AM.

Comment

Have you synced the carbs ? One of my cylinders on the GK wasn't firing well, until I synced them up.
      Larry D
      1980 GS450S
      1981 GS450S
      2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

exhaust not gettin hot

Are you shure that the spark plug is working correctly. I had the same. Everything clean and new spark plug's. But one spark plug was broken. Fynja from the netherlands

Comment

Do a compression check.
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Which #3?

Just asking to make sure that you are numbering the carbs correctly.

#1 is on the left, under your clutch hand, #4 is on the right, under your throttle hand.

Your original post says you cleaned "the carb" multiple times.
            Which carb? There are four on your bike.
            Also need to know how you cleaned your "carb".
            Did you "strip and dip" as almarconi asked, or did you just drop the bowls and spray?

sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
            X