HELP starter/electrical problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP starter/electrical problems

hi have a 1980 gs250t i am working on, almost mint, been sittin for a few years, only 3 k miles, having a problem, when cold it starts fine but when warm starter relay either clicks or starter turns slowly as if battery were dying, i have switched out both the solenoid and starter with known good ones from a friends working bike, checked and cleaned most connections and have used many batterys to test even bought a new one, i have read many threads with this being a normal problem with alot of gs models but have yet to find an answer,i fixed this problem a year ago with a different gs250t doing the exact same thing but cant remember what we exactly did to fix it, runs awsome but acts as if battery were dying when warm trying to start, and the correct voltage is being supplied to both starter and the relay, any help would be great thanks

New ground from the starter relay to the main Engine ground with a 18 to 16 gauge wire. Or at least check to see that your ground is good. Don't know if this is the thing but might help?

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. cjhmarine,

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", the Carb Rebuild Series, and the Stator Papers. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
      X