Suck-cess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suck-cess

Well I have progress. My bike now produces electricity. found a newer stator on ebay for 30 bucks shipped that ohmed ok. Now i am experiencing the super hot wires that everyone complains about...(read some complain about) but i ran out of daylight and the mosquitoes are more commited than i am. So tomorrow its time to clean grounds and do some testing. Wierd thing was i was checking connections with my heat gun and just one wire was really hot. Is this normal? for all I know it very well could be.

This old bike is so much fun to work on im almost sad to be putting the finishing touches on it for the summer.

valve adjustment, carb fine tune, paint.

Just got my new seat put on that a friend made me. Looks pretty trick. He is from the old school did cars and the such in magazines back in the 70's.

Ill have to snao a few pics and post em up

There is a stator wire that connects to an R/R wire that wires up to the front of the bike and returns back to the R/R. Get rid of this wire and wire it directly from the stator to the R/R.
    Also get rid of the bullet connectors and either to spade or just solder the wires together. (I solder) This will get rid of the resistance which causes the heat.
    Also ground the R/R to the frame and battery. Get rid of that pos battery box ground.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Now that's good advice!! Ill try to do it tomorrow morning. Have real estate school at night
      Thanks man

Comment

Working...
      X