washed 85gs550ef now blowing fuses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

washed 85gs550ef now blowing fuses

i had a good running gs i went to go wash it and now everytime i shut it off the main fuse goes. it does not matter whether i shut it off with the kill switch or the key. i have sprayed WD-40 into the connections behind the headlight. i dont know what i did wrong where i got water where it is not supposed to be. the weird thing is now the battery will die after a ride and i have a brand new stator. what is shorting out

Stator paper checks. You might have an R/R going.

Comment

is the regulator supposed to be hot to the touch when the bike is running? would the r/r blow fuses?

Comment

Originally posted by 85gs550ef View Post
        is the regulator supposed to be hot to the touch when the bike is running? would the r/r blow fuses?
        Yes and yes.
        De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Look up BassCliff and look for his website and links containing the Stator papers. Its all over the site. It gives you the exact methods for checking the system and the problems. Very easy to do and its not time consuminng at all. At worst you just have to pop your seat off and a few electrical plugs. 30 seconds total of prepping for the checks that take maybe all of 15 mins if you're doing it slow and reading as you go.

Comment

Sooooooooooooooooooo
            tell us yah didnt use a pressure washer please.....

you can turn the igntion to on
            insert a fuse

start and run the bike

but the fuse blows when you switch off?

which fuse the "main" or 'Ignition"

it would seem to me that there is a short somewhere that was made manifest in your washing fest

I have nary a clue as where to start

some fab electrical troubleshooter can likely chime in

Comment

Working...
            X