ut-oh, some sorta short

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ut-oh, some sorta short

well all my dash lights stay on when bikes running or not, so i heard there maybe a short where the wiring is under the headlamp, sure as pooh there is, wiggle the wires and she goes dark with no electrical power, wiggle em again and viola, power. so its time to find the short, and some daylight...lol

When mine did that, the connector to the ignition switch had fried and the wires melted together. I separated the wiring bundle mess, put all spade connectors on the ignition switch wires after cutting off the fried wiring mess and it's been fine since.

Comment

This is a great time to grab your beverage of choice, some spade connectors, snips, crimpers, another beverage of your choice, some good tunes and go through ALL the electrical connectors on your bike.

It will love you for it.
      Larry D
      1980 GS450S
      1981 GS450S
      2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

ok i did all of the above found it, it WAS the ignition wiring prong, one of the connectors inside was corroded so bad it came apart, well after digging threw the electrical connection box i found 4 waterproof connectors that i can still unplug if need be.
        thanks guys
        SKD

Comment

Working...
        X