81 gs 850 turns over real slow when hot but turns great when cold? HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

81 gs 850 turns over real slow when hot but turns great when cold? HELP

when hot it turns over as if its the battery. replaced stator, rectifier, and installed a new gel battery and added a ground wire from battery to starter mount bolts. starter when hot turns fine out of motor so not sure what the dily is? thanks for info Virgin poster!

my quick reply would be heat sink.
    the brushes and or armature may be worn in your stater.

Comment

thanks

thanks try it

Comment

My vote would be brushes or arm. Impedance shoots up when temps rise, so if they are already abit out of spec the extra load will be huge on the battery when hot.

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. racingfrog23,

Yes, rebuilding the starter is a good place to start. Also make sure your solenoid is firmly grounded. For charging system health it is recommended that you connect the ground wire from the regulator/rectifier directly to the negative terminal of the battery. Is all of your other maintenance up to date? Valves adjusted? Float height set? Intake boot O-rings replaced? You'll find lots of GS850G lovin' on my website.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", the Carb Rebuild Series, and the Stator Papers. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
          X