stator cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stator cover

Hi I am trying to put a new stator cover on my 85 gs 700 e if i put on just the cover it goes on no problem and fits flush to the engine case when i put the new stator in i can not get the cover to fit flush there is about a 1/16 inch gap between cover and engine case something seems to be hanging up i have taken off the wire tie downs just to see if those were hanging up no change.problem seems to be in the middle of the cover right where the stator is. it is a new rm stator the dimensions are the same as my old one so i dont know what the problem is also there are 2 flat washers each on the screws that hold the stator on is this correct i could realy use some input thanks 70GT while i am typing this there is bikes up and down my street nonstop nothing like salting the wound

Originally posted by 70GT View Post
    Hi I am trying to put a new stator cover on my 85 gs 700 e if i put on just the cover it goes on no problem and fits flush to the engine case when i put the new stator in i can not get the cover to fit flush there is about a 1/16 inch gap between cover and engine case something seems to be hanging up i have taken off the wire tie downs just to see if those were hanging up no change.problem seems to be in the middle of the cover right where the stator is. it is a new rm stator the dimensions are the same as my old one so i dont know what the problem is also there are 2 flat washers each on the screws that hold the stator on is this correct i could realy use some input thanks 70GT while i am typing this there is bikes up and down my street nonstop nothing like salting the wound

the fiche shows panhead phillips screws without washers anywhere to be seen

Comment

wow if you take the washers off that dont belong the part fits miracles thank you very much sir

Comment

Working...
      X