No dash or tail light problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No dash or tail light problem

I took my bike for it`s MOT a few days ago, but it failed because something as simple as the horn was not working. After removing the tank, checking the voltage to the horn, all was ok, turned out something as simple as the horn had seized. Most frustrating seeing as the bike should have passed cause of a twist of a screw. When testing the bikes electrics before it`s retest, the front brake light switch, tail light, park light, and dash lights stopped working, but the main headlight, highbeam and rear brake light switches work fine. After cleaning all of the loom connectors, the front brake light switch started working but still no tail light, park light or dash light. Has anybody had anything similar, and could quite literally shed some light on the problem?
    Cheers
    Shuggie

Originally posted by shug1e View Post
    I took my bike for it`s MOT a few days ago, but it failed because something as simple as the horn was not working. After removing the tank, checking the voltage to the horn, all was ok, turned out something as simple as the horn had seized. Most frustrating seeing as the bike should have passed cause of a twist of a screw. When testing the bikes electrics before it`s retest, the front brake light switch, tail light, park light, and dash lights stopped working, but the main headlight, highbeam and rear brake light switches work fine. After cleaning all of the loom connectors, the front brake light switch started working but still no tail light, park light or dash light. Has anybody had anything similar, and could quite literally shed some light on the problem?
    Cheers
    Shuggie
    Simultaneous problems can often be caused by common single point problems. If those lights are being controlled by the same switch clean and check the voltages out of it. Got a volt meter?

Comment

I imagine you checked the bulbs,fuses,grounds,connections under seat behind headlight.

simple elimination and scientific method is applicable in your situation.
      SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Posplayr gave you the best advice I believe. I had a similar problem so I got out the schematic to see wwhat they had in common rather then just randomly testing. It was the fuse. Even though strangely I had tested it 2 time and it showd conductivity I pulled it and it was burnt through

Comment

Working...
        X