Stator is Off - Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by koolaid_kid
    Definition - a former drip under pressure. Of course, posts that offer no solutions are suspect, at best.
    While in the past it has been more subtle, I see your have "trolling" has become more overt.

Comment

So, I offered solutions, you offered a comment. Which is trolling?
      I strongly suggest that any further responses be limited to P.M.s, since they add nothing to the technical discussion.
      Last edited by Guest; 07-04-2010, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
        So, I offered solutions, you offered a comment. Which is trolling?
        I strongly suggest that any further responses be limited to P.M.s, since they add nothing to the technical discussion.
        I suggest you stop "trolling"

Comment

Sigh. I apologize to forum members. I have attempted to draw this to PMs, since it adds nothing to the technical discussion.
          SS Allen screws are always the best way, except for critical stressed bolts, which should use hardened bolts.

Best of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
            Sigh. I apologize to forum members. I have attempted to draw this to PMs, since it adds nothing to the technical discussion.
            SS Allen screws are always the best way, except for critical stressed bolts, which should use hardened bolts.

Best of luck.
            I'm not looking to get "drawn into a PM thread" with you. But maybe I misunderstood your intent Koolaid .

Hey since you seem to want to police my posts, why don't you just report it to the administrator and let Frank deal with it. This create a form of censorship of your "issues" and it will avoid you having to make a point of it in public there by disrupting the "technical discussion".

Now wouldn't that make you feel better? It sure would make me feel better. How bout the rest of anybody listening to this dribble?

Comment

Okay, this needs to stop. I just wanted to show what trouble I found with this stator after asking for so much help with both the wiring I redid and the rectifier issue I had. Thank you everyone with the advice you gave me about the bolts - I had already bought new ones before taking the cover off due to what everyone had said on previous posts to other people!!!! So when the heads stripped out no matter what I used (pure force, impact driver, or heat) I was prepared for it. Fortunately I had my dremel and I cut slots to use the screwdriver like a chisel and force the other four to turn that way. I was more afraid of damaging the cover than anything else.

Hopefully I will have the new stator in the next two weeks and finally get a good ride out of this thing.

In the meantime, can't we all please play nice?
              Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
              1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
              2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
              Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
              and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I agree. I have done my best to keep this on topic. I hope all other forum members can do the same. Best of luck with your project.

Comment

Working...
                X