1983 1100e rotor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1983 1100e rotor

I have been trying to find a used rotor for my 1983 1100e. I have been told 1982 and 1983 are the same. Is there any way other years can be used by changing both stator and rotor so I could expand my search? I dont wan't to buy a new one untill I am sure there isn't a used one out there. Too expensive

nope nope nope...
    80-82 1100 16v. is small taper.
    83-86 1100/1150 is a large taper.

Comment

I looked for a used one for a while and just bit the bullet and ordered a new one. What is wrong with the one currently on the bike?
      Last edited by Flatline_Racing; 07-09-2010, 01:53 AM. Reason: Posting without reading and fully understanding post
      Feel The Pulse!

1982 GS1100E with Tracy one piece body
      2007 Roadstar Midnight Warrior

ebay cntgeek

Comment

The STATORS are the same size. If you have a small end crank you can use 80-82 rotor. If you have a large end crank 83-86 rotor. Yes, the 1150 rotors are the same. Ray.

Comment

my story

My son bought a new 1983 1100ed leftover in 1985. About 4 months after a car pulled out in front and he crashed. He never fixed it and gave it to me this spring after all these years. I am making it into a reverse three wheeler like the Can Am. The side cover with the stator and the rotor both have to be replaced. I found a sidecover with stator and am loking for the rotor. I think I might have found one on a partly disasemble engine I am going to go look at next wed..The guy has some other odds and ends that were lost as well. I hope it works out and we can make a deal. I will post pictures when it is done. I am glad I found this forum and thanks for all the replies

Comment

Originally posted by arnie View Post
            ....... I will post pictures when it is done. I am glad I found this forum and thanks for all the replies

No, no, no Mister.

Post some pics as you progress. A reverse GS trike is something we need to see as it's being built. Sounds like an interesting project and one we'd like to see as you go along.
            Larry D
            1980 GS450S
            1981 GS450S
            2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

Three wheel pictures

I haven't figured out how to post a photo yet. I have owned a suzuki since 1967 First a 1967 X6 Hustler. Next a 1968 T500 2 stroke. I raised the exhaust port .060 and squared it. Had to block the wrist pin so intake would't escape out through it and out the exhaust from the transfer port. Milled the heads .090 and took .030 off rhe piston skirt. It turned 13 seconds flat at 107 mph on the quarter mile. My first time on a drag strip so I lost a little at the light. That was the only time it was on a drag strip. Next a new 1978 gs750. At about thirty thousand I put a 850 big bore kit in it, ported the head and put a 4 in 1 pipe on it. I still have it and rode it today. It still runs good. There are photos of the three wheeler on my facebook page. you can find them here. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...15264&v=photos

Comment

Three wheeler Progress photos

Arnie is my dad, he is new at posting on these forums so I decided to post some pictures of his project for him.

Dad is actually further along then this and I will post more pictures when he gets them to me.

He has ran into a few snags hopefully someone can help him out. He is looking for a large taper flywheel/rotor for his 1983 gs1100e. Also he has a 1982 1100e instrument cluster that has the plugs cut off, he is trying to use it on the 1983 1100e. Some of the wires are a different color. A wiring diagrams for both years 1982 gs1100e and 1983 gs1100e would be very helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by Mod57 View Post
                  Arnie is my dad, he is new at posting on these forums so I decided to post some pictures of his project for him.

Dad is actually further along then this and I will post more pictures when he gets them to me.

He has ran into a few snags hopefully someone can help him out. He is looking for a large taper flywheel/rotor for his 1983 gs1100e. Also he has a 1982 1100e instrument cluster that has the plugs cut off, he is trying to use it on the 1983 1100e. Some of the wires are a different color. A wiring diagrams for both years 1982 gs1100e and 1983 gs1100e would be very helpful.
                  The 82/83 harnesses are near identical except for a flasher/turn relay mounted near the solenoid.
                  Basscliff has the entire manual to download at his site.

Project is shaping up are there plans for body work? It would look cool for those front shocks to be replaced with matching black shocks from another ED.

Comment

I think know how I am going to make the body but hard to describe. I am going to use the same sheet aluminum we make our modified race car bodies with. If it doesn't look right I will go a different way. Still haven't solved my rotor problem. Best price for a new one at our local dealer is $315.00 tax included. My wife has a birthday this month. I might buy her one for her birthday

Comment

Originally posted by arnie View Post
                      I think know how I am going to make the body but hard to describe. I am going to use the same sheet aluminum we make our modified race car bodies with. If it doesn't look right I will go a different way. Still haven't solved my rotor problem. Best price for a new one at our local dealer is $315.00 tax included. My wife has a birthday this month. I might buy her one for her birthday
                      i had no idea they had got this expensive..
                      i get 2/3 calls a month for the big left side rotor.
                      FYI
                      an 1150 of any year rotor will fit your engine also.

Comment

I have got a nice 81 GS1100E rotor. I am not sure what crank you have
                        PM Steve
                        Last edited by srsupertrap; 09-04-2010, 02:27 PM.
                        1979 GS1000E (44 Yrs), 1981 GPz550
                        Departed: 1970 Yamaha R5A, 1971 R5B, 1975 Honda XL250, 1983 Suzuki PE175, 1983 CB1100F, 1983 BMW R100RS, 1992 ST1100

Comment

Working...
                        X