Coil Relay Mod saved my sanity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coil Relay Mod saved my sanity

Was having a heck of a time dialing in my mixture. I was about to give up when I decided to see how much voltage was making it to the coils. AT best even after cleaning the contacts well I was only getting 9.5 volts. Did the relay mod and saw the voltage jump to 12.8 with engine off key on. Running down the road the diffrence was night and day.

wow, im really gonna have to look into this relay mod. i saw it on there but didnt really understand it, maybe i need to read it again.

Comment

I also did the coil relay mod and it worked well for me. I would add after doing it add a spare relay to your tool kit in case it should fail. I had a RR go on me and it started putting out 50 volts and blew my relay and a bunch of lights leaving me by the side of the road dead. If i had a spare I could have replaced it and just cut the red output wire from the RR and made it home on the battery. Food for thought, Good luck.

Comment

A valid point lucabond. The relays are cheap and relatively small, no reason not to carry a spare, just like carrying spare fuses.

Comment

Working...
        X