Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aftermarket turn signals, dual filament or single?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aftermarket turn signals, dual filament or single?

Im about to order some aftermarket aluminum housing turn signals for my GS1000 cafe but they gave me the option of single or dual filament. Anyone know which ones my bike takes? Bike in question is a 79 GS1000

Single filament.
    Marc
    https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ie_twisted.gif AIR COOLED MONSTERS NEVER DIE https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ie_twisted.gif
    1978 GS1000C X2
    1978 GS1000E X2
    1979 GS1000S
    1979 gs1000
    1983 gs400e

Comment

What is the difference? What would be an advantage of dual? Im thinking dual is used for running lights as well as turn signals? If so, that is something I would be interested in for added safety.

Comment

Dual filaments are usually only used at the front . Yes, the lower-intensity one is for running lights and the higher-intensity one is for turn signals.
        It is recommended that only red lenses are used at the rear if you use the running light filament as a tail light.

You can use dual intensity signals at either end and simply choose to only connect the high-intensity filament.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

While you are at it, whatever you decide on, get a few spare bulbs. I had a little difficulty finding spare bulbs when one of mine crapped out. Mine had clear lenses used the same base as an 1156A but had a much smaller glass envelope.

Comment

In Canada there would not be much option: duals in the front (running lights mandatory) and singles in the rear.

Are running lights mandatory everywhere (or nowhere) in the US?

Comment

Originally posted by rcoville View Post
              In Canada there would not be much option: duals in the front (running lights mandatory) and singles in the rear.

Are running lights mandatory everywhere (or nowhere) in the US?
              You sure running lights are mandatory in Canada? My SV didn't have them it was bought new.

Comment

Really? Maybe it's just certain provinces, then. Ontario is for sure, and I think Quebec as well. I had assumed that was a federal jurisdiction thing, but maybe not.

Comment

Had lights in the sides of the headlights.So those might have been enough under whatever rules.None of my early 80's GS's had them either but the 750 does.Enough hijacking though.

Comment

Working...
                  X