Switch Under Shift Lever? - GS1100E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switch Under Shift Lever? - GS1100E

Currently working on a 1981 GS1100E and sorting out all the old electrical issues. I noticed that there is a switch, which looks similar to the rear brake light switch, on the left side just below the shift lever and behind the side kick stand. This switch isn't currently hooked up to anything on the mechanical side. Obviously disconnected by the PO somewhere in the distant past.

What is this switch for? And, since it isn't providing its original intended purpose, would there be any problems if I simply unplugged it's electrical leads from the wiring harness and removed the sucker completely?

Don't have that bike, but it was probably the warning switch for the side stand is down warning light on the dash.

Comment

Thanks TMT ... so I did a search and see that for the 1981 GS1100E, Suzuki changed out the previous model brake fluid level warning switch, for this "sidestand down warning switch". Since it is only a warning switch, and not actually wired in to kill the engine, I should be able to just pull this unit off the harness and be done with it.

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
      X