does a gs850gl have a ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does a gs850gl have a ??

my gs850gl brake light doesnt come on when i pull the front brake ?? is it suppost 2 ?? and where is the switch i can pull it all day and still have no luck

Yeah, it's supposed to come on. There is a little mechanical switch in a black plastic housing on the bottom side of the master cylinder. These need cleaned or replaced at this age. And then there's adjusting the stupid thing. It cost about $20 to replace the switch on my 850. You may be able to recondition yours. Be prepared to catch a tiny spring and other bits when you take it off. I hope the screws aren't rusted into the master.

Good grief, I've been answering a lot of your questions. It's like a replay of when I got my 850. Not complaining, just sayin' I've been there.
    Dogma
    --
    O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
    '80 GS850 GLT
    '80 GS1000 GT
    '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

lol just looked there is nothing there just a little slot and 2 holes on each side where can i find a switch at??

Comment

Any of the OEM parts dealers should be able to get it. I think BassCliff has a list in his mega-welcome. You might also consider getting one of the hydraulic switches that's built into a banjo bolt, for a few bucks more. No adjusting no cleaning, just works.
        Dogma
        --

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
        '80 GS850 GLT
        '80 GS1000 GT
        '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Hi,

Have a look:

Front Brake Switch Repair
          (by Mr. gravity tester)

http://www.partsnmore.com sells replacement switches for $6. Unfortunately they have a $35 minimum order. But I'm sure you can find other stuff there that you need.

As Mr. Dogma mentioned,
          if you'd like to replace your mechanical brake switch with a hydraulic switch (10mmx1.0 thread), here are a couple of sources:
          Our brake light switches make it easy to add a brake light switch to your race car. The tee adapter can be installed in any -3 brake line. The banjo bolt switches can be used with banjo fittings.

http://www.denniskirk.com/ Goodridge Brake Light Banjo Bolt

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

$6? I must have bought mine from BikeBandit.
            Dogma
            --

--
            '80 GS850 GLT
            '80 GS1000 GT
            '01 ZRX1200R

Comment

Working...
            X