GS1100e '82 vs. '83 Wiring Harness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1100e '82 vs. '83 Wiring Harness

Does anyone know that if you can use a wiring harness off a '82 GS1100e for a '83 GS1100e? I'm rebuilding a '83 and the wiring harness on it has been somewhat butchered and pound and half of electrical tape covering up its wounds. I have a line on '82 "parts" bike and was going to rob one off of it. Also, if someone has info about buying new or used wiring harness or knows if anyone can make one please advise. Thanks.

As far as I have been able to discern, the only MAJOR difference between the 82 harness and 83 harness is at the turnsignal control box (not the flasher, the auto cancel box on the side of the battery box) the 82 uses a small harness that meets with a connector in the main harness whereas the 83 uses a connector in the main harness that clips into the bottom of the control box. If you can use the 82 control box, it should work fine, as near as I can tell.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
      As far as I have been able to discern, the only MAJOR difference between the 82 harness and 83 harness is at the turnsignal control box (not the flasher, the auto cancel box on the side of the battery box) the 82 uses a small harness that meets with a connector in the main harness whereas the 83 uses a connector in the main harness that clips into the bottom of the control box. If you can use the 82 control box, it should work fine, as near as I can tell.
      That is about it, I cut the 83 GS1100ED connector off of my old harness and spliced it into the new 82 GS1100EZ harness. Color coding all remains the same so it is straight forward. This way I retained teh ED parts

Comment

Good info, I believe the NOS 82 harness that I ordered from Suzuki looks to actually be an 83?

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
          Good info, I believe the NOS 82 harness that I ordered from Suzuki looks to actually be an 83?
          That would be interesting, the 83 # is supposed to be discontinued. Is yours NOS?

Comment

Working...
          X