Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blinker and gauge light question

hello!

I worked on my 79' GS850 today. I noticed my gauge lights do not come on with my switch. Does the bike have to be running for those lights to work? If NOT...what do you think could be wrong? All the other lights seem to work fine.

I recently picked up a parts bike. The head light/blinker control on the handle bars is different than my bike. It has an extra button with "P" on it. I plugged it in and when pushed it seems to flash the high beam..??? So I was wondering why the controls are different...both bikes are 79's. Which one should I use?

Lastly I am trying to get my blinkers to work. I can only get one side to flash and nothing on the other side. I tried a different switch with the same results. Do I need to get new blinker control unit??

I attached a picture of what my set up looks like...which is in the classified section. I cant post the same picture in different threads!

Thanks!
    Last edited by Guest; 07-25-2010, 07:57 PM.

Hi,

Have you tried replacing the bulbs in the gauges?

Check the wiring to your blinkers making sure the sockets are clean, the connections are clean, the grounds are clean, and the bulbs are the proper size. The stock flasher need to "see" a specific load (resistance) in order to work properly. There is blinker information on my website, a flasher relay replacement guide and more in the Electrical Odds and Ends section.

Finally, there is also a guide to posting pictures on GSR. Use an online hosting service (even your album here in this forum) and link to your pictures in your post using the [img] code or icon.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

I checked out all the connections swithced bulbs etc...and still only the left would flash....

Gauge bulbs are good...i

I also notice that one of the ignition coils was getting warm after id been playing around with the blinkers...??

Comment

Working...
      X