Intermittent Low Beam and gear indication lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intermittent Low Beam and gear indication lights

I have a 1981 GS750E the low beam on my headlight goes on and off intermittently as well as the gear indication lights, neutral light as well. Thought I had the problem fixed after cleaning the low beam high beam switch. While riding, and I’m in first gear, sometimes can push down slightly on the gear shift, and the first gear light will go on. Not sure if the two problems are related or not. The high beam light will stay on, and doesn’t seem to be a problem, as well as all the dash illumination lights are fine.

Thanks

Originally posted by zinmaker View Post
    I have a 1981 GS750E the low beam on my headlight goes on and off intermittently as well as the gear indication lights, neutral light as well. Thought I had the problem fixed after cleaning the low beam high beam switch. While riding, and I’m in first gear, sometimes can push down slightly on the gear shift, and the first gear light will go on. Not sure if the two problems are related or not. The high beam light will stay on, and doesn’t seem to be a problem, as well as all the dash illumination lights are fine.

Thanks
    Sounds like a bad ground. Have you tried checking your grounds?

Comment

Been looking around for a bad ground and the only thing I can find is while the wires inside the headlight bucket, main biggest cluster of wire is pushed down slightly the oil light/neutral lights can go on and off with the ignition switched on. So I'm getting closer to finding the problem. Haven't figured out the low beam issue yet, hope they are related somehow, it only goes off while riding.

Comment

Working...
      X