No announcement yet.

starting problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steve you must be have know other dumb a_ _ es who had never hooked up a r/r sensor wire up to a rear brakelight switch. Instead of plugging it into the org/grn wire in the wiring harness, I plugged it into the org/grn wire to the switch itself. I think now my problem maybe I fried the battery with too much voltage, I'm going to charge it once more and see if it will stay charged. Did get 13.5 volts at 2500rpms, and about 13.9 at 5,000, although since battery is not fully charged at time that could affect the readings right? terrylee

Comment

No, I just know that there are only two ways you can hook it up to the rear brake light switch.

If you didn't get good results with the way you hooked it up, it must be the other way.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Thanks so much for the help Steve, I hope this may solve the problem. terrylee

Comment

Think I figured out how to diode test on my digital mulit meter (looked on internet) set mine to 2000 on ohms range. Got no readings at all, red lead to red r/r wire (disconnected from bike) and blk lead to three yellow wires out of r/r. Also did reverse test and still nothing. So I assume r/r is shot? I'm also back to getting 15.+ volts at both rpm settings! Tired and got to get up early so will mess with more tomorrow. terrylee

Comment

Won a new electorsport r/r on flea-bay for $45.00 shipped. Also ordered a new fusebox and I'm putting on a new battery to solenoid cable, hoping all this and the new stator I just installed will take care of my charging problems.

Comment

Working...
            X