Coil Relay Mod: Power Source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coil Relay Mod: Power Source

So I am working on finishing up the coil mod I just had one question. I ran the power source via a new line to from the positive battery terminal, with an inline fuse. Which means this wire will always be hot whether the bike is on or not, right? Will this drain my battery?

Which means this wire will always be hot whether the bike is on or not, right? Will this drain my battery?
    If the positive battery cable is attached to the battery (which means its hot), does the battery go dead?

Unless you leave the key on or there is a parasitic drain on your battery your battery should not go dead. Most any battery will loose charge if it sits long enough but you should be fine.

Comment

Yes.

No.

If you need details:

Yes, it will be constantly "hot".

No, it will not drain the battery, as long as the relay is not triggered.
      If it relay is triggered by your stock coil wire, that will not be a problem.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Munzo View Post
        Will this drain my battery?
        Nope. It does nothing until the relay is energized. The wire that supplies voltage to the coil of the relay (the orig coil wire) is a switched wire.
        82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Thanks guys! Just wanted to double check that I had this wired properly before I closed everything back up.

Comment

Working...
          X