82 1100e breaking up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 1100e breaking up

only breaks up in high rpm ranges. 7k plus. new coils, wires,boots, and plugs. idles well, and load it up and it wont act up.it has been fine for about 3000 miles this summer ideas? getting annoying thanks

Originally posted by unclebeaner View Post
    only breaks up in high rpm ranges. 7k plus. new coils, wires,boots, and plugs. idles well, and load it up and it wont act up.it has been fine for about 3000 miles this summer ideas? getting annoying thanks
    check voltage to the coils?

Do a coil relay mod that powers your entire ignition circuit.

this will work with or without the Dyna S

Technical Info posts that are deemed to be important or popular will be placed here for easier access. If you feel a post should be moved from the Technical Info forum to here then PM the Administrator with your request.

Comment

Stock airbox ? Check the cover. Pods ? Probably a little lean.
      82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

uncle beaner needs to give up some more info

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
          Well I'm assuming stock and he did NOT just forget to mention 1166, ported head with sligshot carbs feeding a 4:2;1

Comment

hmmmm
            assume........
            you know what happens when you do that.
            a$$/u/me

theres few 100% stock ones around.

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
              I know a guy who's Nieces and Nephews call him Uncle Beaner. Not a big deal in MN. We were all in the pool at a Hotel in South TX. Lots of TexMex people in the pool and the kids kept yelling Uncle Beaner ! Uncle Beaner ! Yes....I was laughing .
              82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
                I know a guy who's Nieces and Nephews call him Uncle Beaner. Not a big deal in MN. We were all in the pool at a Hotel in South TX. Lots of TexMex people in the pool and the kids kept yelling Uncle Beaner ! Uncle Beaner ! Yes....I was laughing .
                again i will show my age......
                ever heard of "freebie and the bean"...
                good movie from the early 70's i believe.

Comment

yes stock air box, no i have not done that mod to the ignition. i dont think its running lean since i havent had any issues and the plugs are a nice tan color. its driving me nuts. its getting progressively worse. i think im going to buy a set of new coils and break down the carbs again and clean them knowing they are not dirty. anyone have a good cheap link for the dyna coils? or a good used match set off a 82 gs1100e. thanks

Comment

in your original post you said new coils and wires.
                    was these new OEM parts?
                    i have had coils start to fail and sometimes at hi revs/under a load it would misfire.
                    not every time but maybe every other time twisting it.
                    also if you had anybody near you that would let you borrow there igniter then you could maybe rule that out.

Comment

i take that back one coil was one bike and i bought a supposed good used coil in which i changed out the wires and boots. im thinking a set of coils and that mod may do the trick

Comment

Working...
                      X